How fitting is this picture I was lucky enough to take on June 26th? I’m a skeptic of signs and fate, but this rainbow on June 26th felt like a gift – a gift to America for finally making the right choice. When I stepped outside and noticed it, it was a beautifully surreal moment. There were about 30 people on the common just staring up; staring up at the flag, staring up at the rainbow, hopefully all thinking the same thing: finally.
To say it was easy to come up with inspiration for this playlist would be an understatement. On Friday, June 26th the Supreme Court ruled in favor of same sex marriage and I couldn’t be more proud. Love is love, and that was the inspiration for this playlist. It starts with LOVING YOURSELF!
- Bulletproof – La Roux
- Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) – MIKA
- What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
- Brave – Sara Bareilles
- Run the World (Girls) – Beyonce
- I Kissed a Girl – Katy Perry
- Secrets – Mary Lambert, B.o.B
- If I Were a Boy – Beyonce
- Follow Your Arrow – Kacey Musgraves
- Vogue (Energy Remix 145 BPM) – Workout Remix Factory, Madonna
- Same Love – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Mary Lambert
- Born This Way – Lady Gaga
Listen to it here: Spotify