I’m a little behind in posting my playlists – mostly because I feel like I’ve been teaching non stop lately! I’m so overwhelmed, in an extremely beautiful way, that my classes are selling out – at 6am nonetheless. If anyone out there is new to teaching please hear me when I say this – THEY WILL COME. There were plenty of classes that no one showed up, or only one person came, and it got pretty discouraging for a bit, IT’S NOT YOU. They just have to get to know you. If I could give any advice it would be to keep your schedule consistent. I know you want to bounce around and look for that magical time slot when everyone comes – but the truth is, is there isn’t one. They come to the classes they like, so build your skills, stay consistent with your times, and use the buddy system – when people are dragging each other it will make your job easier!
I really like theme playlists – but kind of vague, I can play anything I really want, kind of playlists. This playlist was my thank you to the class for showing up so big – the lyrics are not only about how I feel about them, but how I hope they feel about themselves. Look how bad ass these chicks are – the class sold out, and I cried… that is all.
- Everything is Shit Except my Friendship with You – Ball Park Music (I’m pretty sure this song is about his dog… but you get it)
- Fighter – Christina Aguilara
- Me & My Girls – Selena Gomez
- Live Your Life – T.I. feat Rihanna
- Beautiful Now – Zedd
- Beautiful World – Bon Jovi
- With a Little Help from my Friends – The Beatles
- True Colors – Glee Cast
- Existence – Audiomachine
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- Hold On – Wilson Philips
- Defying Gravity – Idina Menzel
- This One’s For the Girls – Martina McBride
Listen to it here: Spotify!