I had a weekend of debauchery. That’s really the nicest way to put it honestly. I went to one of those adult summer camps that were advertised everywhere and went viral online – which is pretty much a weekend of boozing in the sun and late night costume parties. Epic fun? Hell yes. Is my body pissed? Hell fucking yes.
The shot above is after our epic color wars victory – I can be spotted 4th row from the bottom in the backwards hat with my tongue out… #noregrets.
I came back literally craving anything green – lettuce, kale, grapes, just give me real food! Their vegan options were extremely limited so I spent a weekend pretty much surviving on french fries and beer… and when I came home I could think of one word and one word only – detox.
The process was pretty easy – the recovery, not so much.
Turmeric and Shirataki Detox Soup
A detox soup to kick your body back into high gear.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch of ginger
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 5 cups water
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower florets
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 package shirataki noodles
- In your pan, saute your garlic, onion, carrots and celery in your coconut oil until slightly brown, roughly 7 minutes.
- Add in your turmeric and ginger (and salt, pepper and various other spices of your choice) until everything is totally coated and continue to cook for another minute or two.
- Add in your water, broth, and cauliflower – bringing to a boil then reducing to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add in your kale and noodles and continue to simmer until the kale leaves are soft – about 3-5 minutes.